2009-03-20

He Might Be Giant


I had an idea for a game I'd like to do. I figured I'd complete most of the graphics for it and then team up with one of the Metaplace coders to finish the work off. It has already occurred to me how the graphic set could be used for another game as well. That's one of my biggest complaints about Metaplace right now - the tools offer so much potential! My focus keeps getting scattered as new ideas pop up. So I am trying to buckle down and limit myself to two projects right now. This one and refining my space station so I can publish it as a stylesheet.

Here is a little teaser image. I'm doing something different by trying to create all the buildings in Adobe Illustrator. I've used AI for isometric work before. But Metaplace isometric is slightly different. The work I'd done before required squashing the art 86.602% and then shearing and rotating the pieces through different positive and negative combinations of 30 degrees. I'm still working the last few kinks out but for the Metaplace art to look good it needs an additional squash. Something like 93.301% but I'm still tweaking. Yes, those are crazy numbers! I learned the isometric stuff years ago from a tutorial on the web so I will pay that back by posting a tutorial myself once I finalize the methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment