2009-02-16

Dark Clouds and silver linings


Oh, the humanity! The Cloud Nine world did not get done in time. Since I am still learning what is and isn't possible (and how to do it) the concept I had was too ambitious for my available time and knowledge. I was having a heck of a time laying out the trails of clouds in the sky. I knew that was do-able since Raph had done that in his own world - Floating Islands. So I sent an email to Raph asking if he would point me in the right general direction. Not only was he nice enough to explain how he had down the graphics, but he gave me access to the Floating Islands world so I could look at the pieces close up. Thanks to his help I was able to build some tiles that in turn let me build a trail of clouds in the sky that people could walk along. There is still much more to be done in this world before I turn it public, but I am moving forward.
Yes, I know that is not the most exciting screen grab. That's part of why I didn't publish the world. I promise to make up for it in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment