2009-02-11

Artist unbound!


Hey folks,

just got the word that I am a member of the Metaplace Evangelist program. What is Metaplace, and what does it do, you ask? In their own words "Metaplace gives you the power to create, share, and live in your own unique virtual world." It's a digital sandbox, it's easy and it's fun. Geez, is it easy. My six year old son was playing with it the other day and having a ball.

It is also in closed beta right now. For those of you who don't know, that is the testing stage for software. A time to let in a limited number of people to bang on the walls and help shake the kinks out of the system. I was lucky enough to snag an invite to the beta. (Thank you Boing boing Offworld!) Beta also means you don't get to talk about the program. Kind of like Fight Club. But since I am now an evangelist, I get to share what I'm going through as I use the tools and build some hopefully cool stuff.

Now me, I've been a digital artist for a long time. This, however, is my first foray into online world creation and I'm going to bring you along for the ride. I'll be approaching this from the point of view of an artist - exploring the best ways to get your very own artwork into an online virtual world, sharing some tutorials and tips, highlighting the cool things people are doing with the Metaplace platform.

Next time - Tools of the Trade.

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! Glad to see you're doing this, it's a neat idea! :)

    ReplyDelete